FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SRES®
- 1. What is an SRES®?
- A Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded to REALTORS® who have taken additional education dedicated to learning how to best help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate needs.
2. Why choose an SRES®?
I draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists such as elder law attorneys, financial planners and CPAs. These transition specialists are familiar with community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal, and emotional issues that accompany the sale of their home.
3. What can you expect from your SRES®?
You can count on a Seniors Real Estate Specialist to guide you and your family through the transition process by making it less stressful and more successful for everyone.
4. What are key steps in the transition process?
Key steps in the transition process may include, housing options, home adaptations, meeting healthcare needs, legal and financial considerations, selling your current home.
5. How can an SRES® help me sell my home?
* By sharing the knowledge, experience, and compassion necessary in dealing with senior issues
* By suggesting housing alternatives, including ones that may allow you to stay in your home
* By offering a no-pressure approach to the transaction and having a strong service orientation
* By understanding the emotional demands a sale can make on you and your family, and trying to minimize them
* By tailoring the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
* By interacting easily with all generations including seniors, adult children and caretakers
* By being knowledgeable about senior housing options
* By having a wide network of other senior focused professionals who can assist in legal and financial matters and other aspects of the sale and move